Finnish & Feelings 1
You will learn Finnish basics and about life in Finland with modern story and interactive tasks. You will learn the following:
- alphabet & pronunciation most common phrases
- vocabulary, such as electronics, drinks and numbers
- vowel harmony
- partitive case
- verb group 1
What you’ll learn?
After completing the course, you will be able to speak, understand and write a little Finnish.
Who is your instructor?
Your instructor is Reija Lindlöf: Master of Social Sciences (with the focus in communications) and Bachelor of Arts (with the focus in Finnish language).
Illustrator of the course is Erja Levikari: Bachelor of Culture and Arts.
What’s in the course?
- Aino (young woman waiting for the summer): alphabet and pronunciation
- Ville (young man waiting for festivals): verb “olla” (to be) and sounds ä & ö
- Match (in Tinder): vowel harmony and verb “asua” (to live)
- Good match: numbers
- Hobby (Aino and Ville in spare time): hobbies, days of week and verb group 1
- Date (Cafeteria): phrases, colors, drinks, baked goods and partitive case
Work your way through the all the course material in the order that it is displayed on the page. This way you will start with the basics and then move on to the more challenging topics. It should take you about 10 – 15 hours to complete this course.
How to pass?
To pass this course, you will need to complete all the course activities and get at least 75% of them correct. You will also need to give us some feedback at the end of the course.
Once all those parts are completed and we have received your feedback, we will check all everything is completed and prepare your certificate. Please be patient, as it might take us about a week to email your certificate to you.
We hope that you enjoy the course! If you have any questions about the course material, please do not hesitate to contact us at Edufication@xamk.fi. We will try to get back to you as soon as possible.
Don’t forget to answer the course feedback at the end of the course to receive a certificate!