My nature: an introduction to storytelling with photography
Welcome to the Micro Course on reflecting your relationship with nature through photography!
In this course you will learn the basic settings of your mobile phone camera and how to take photos easily. How to take photos of something you cannot see and how to tell a visual story with photography. How to describe your own relationship with nature with photography.
This is the course for you, if you are interested in your relationship with nature and how to describe it through photography.
You don’t need any experience about taking photos with your phone or about your relationship with nature. That’s why this course exist. Welcome to take adventure with me in the world of storytelling photography and nature!
- This Micro Course consists of 7 sections which include videos, links, activating tasks and quizzes.
- The workload on this course is approximately 10 hours. Meet the instructor
- How to take photos with your phone – the easy way
- What is your relationship with nature?
- The master plan – how do you take photos and where?
- Into the wild – let’s go outside!
- How was it? Let’s take a look at the picture and see what it tells us + bonus
- Final section
Completing this course involves 4 mandatory tasks and 1 mandatory course feedback. Please go them through in the order of the Content page. This way you start with the basics and move on to the more challenging topics.
The Micro Course is assessed on the scale Pass/Fail. Receiving a certificate via email requires completing all mandatory activities, and at least 50% of them correctly.
Skills you gain
After completing the course, you are able to answer the following questions: How to take amazing photos easily?
- How to take photo of something you cannot see?
- How to tell a visual story with photography?
- How to describe your own relationship with nature with photography?
About the instructor / instructors
Your instructor is Anna-Katri Hänninen, a professional photographer. She is also a community educator and second generation art gallerist. She has been teaching photography several years as well. Anna-Katri is specialise in personalised and unique portraits. In her artistic work she illustrates Finns relationship with nature and tell the visual stories of people, the lakes and forest. Anna-Katri Hänninen believes that through photography you can tell a story of your own nature.
In case of questions on the course material or pedagogical content, please ask us through the email firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to answer within a week, and wish you an enjoyable learning experience.
Don’t forget to answer the course feedback at the end of the course to receive a certificate!